Kia ora, during the weekend there has been much media coverage on this topic. You may be wondering what South School is doing to plan and prepare for an event like this.
The Ministries of Education and Health are providing excellent communications to School Principals on this issue. We will follow the daily updates from the Ministry of Education and Health.
We will keep our community updated when necessary. This information will be on our website.
Here is the current advice to us all:
Everybody should follow the following basic principles to reduce the risk of getting an acute respiratory infection or passing it on to others:
- Regularly washing hands (for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap and dry thoroughly).
- Covering your mouth and nose when you sneeze.
- Staying home if you are sick.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- If you feel unwell you should avoid public gatherings and events.
Here are two links for those who wish to read more.
Ministry of Education
Ministry of Health