Term Two 2022 Update
Kia ora koutou,
As you know we have moved from the Red Traffic Light setting to Orange. I wanted to give you an update on what the move to Orange means for our school and what it will look like for our students.
- The wearing of masks is strongly encouraged by the Ministry of Health to slow down spread but they are no longer required at school and will be optional for students and staff.
- To keep our students and staff safe we do ask that visitors to the school, including parents and whānau, wear a mask whenever they are indoors on school grounds.
- If there are a high number of cases at school or in the community, we may ask that masks are worn in classrooms for a time so please pack a mask in your child’s bag just in case.
- At Orange, students aged 12 and above are still required to wear a face mask on school or public transport.
- We will no longer operate in bubbles so the school can finally be together- which is something that we are all excited about!
- Indoor assemblies will be limited but we will be having outside assemblies as a whole school and as teams.
- Visitors are welcome back on site but are asked to wear a mask.
- Just as before Covid, we do ask you to sign in at the office for Health and Safety please.
- We will continue to keep all the other health measures in place at school that we know slow the spread of COVID-19. These include
- ensuring our indoor spaces are well-ventilated,
- maintaining good hand hygiene and cough and sneeze etiquette,
- and, most importantly, staying home if we are sick.
- We will still be sending home any student who is unwell.
Old clothing for Bush learning
- We have amazing grounds on our site and we would love to have our students in there more- learning, playing and getting muddy.
- To make this happen we are asking that if you have any spare old children’s clothes or gumboots you could donate to please consider giving them to South School. This would mean that students who forget their change of clothes could still access the bush space. If you are able to help with any appropriate clothes (or shows) for this learning please drop them into the office. It would be MUCH appreciated.
If you have any questions, please just contact us
Caroline and The South School team.